- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a condition that makes it harder to breathe because of permanent damage to the lungs, which is usually caused by smoking.
- COPD includes 2 diseases: chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
- Symptoms of COPD includes coughing up mucus, wheezing, and shortness of breath.
If these symptoms sounds familiar, you may be right for a chinical trial studying investigational medicines for COPD.
COPD Treatment Key Facts
COPD may be treated with different type of inhaled medicines:
-Short-acting beta-agonists (SABAs)
-Long-acting beta-agonists (LABAs)
-Short-acting muscarinic antagonists
-Long-acting muscarinic antagonists (LAMAs)
-Inhaled corticosteroids (ICS)
Some of the medicines may be used alone and some may be combined with other medicines.
- A clinical trial is a carefully controlled research study of whether an investigational medication works and if it is safe.
- The clinical trial will examine the safety and efficacy of several investigation study medications on lungs functions (breathing) in patients with moderate to severe COPD.
- The investigational medications includes a LABA, and a combination of a LABA and an ICS.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL US AT (832) 606-2053
Inquest Clinical Research, LLC was created by a group of healthcare professionals with a vast range of experience and expertise in conducting clinical drug research.
1690 W. Baker Road Baytown, TX 77521
+1 (832) 606-2053